The Expanse S04E01: So many were watching, my Prime Video crashed!







I waited so long for this and I was extremely excited when I got the announcement that the fourth season of the show was available.

So when I login to my ATV4K Prime app, I got error message after error message the entire evening.



Finally, the next morning I was able to watch the first episode.

The ring has opened up a gateway to thousands of new planets. Which could start the solar systems' first new "gold rush"... both Holden and Avasarala are concerned about this.

This first episode has the crew of the Rocinante in a place where they've never been before: mainly, no longer being chased by the combined armies of the Martian Colonial Navy and the UN.

But Miller, is he still looking for clues? Miller is worried about something else.

And so, he wants to hitch a ride from Holden into the Ring system.

Naomi: she looks better. I think I like this haircut, although I did like the "belter" haircut she sported in the second half of season three.

Drummer and Ashford: The big floating gigantic tin can that the Mormons made is now a refueling station, and Drummer is still the captain of that. Ashford, who used to be a pirate, now hunts pirates.

Bobby Draper, what's she doing? It appears she works in a junkyard... you just have to wonder what kind of trouble she is going to get into next. And it appears that "Melba" and Alex have made some kind of connection, she talks about something that happened on the way home to her trial, and I think I got the distinct impression from Alex that he caused it to happen. Find out what it is, you tell me.

I was hoping that Melba would find her way back into the story in more than just a cameo in one episode. And that her sister would show up the next time Miller would show up, but that hasn't happened... Yet. If at all. She was a large part of the story up until Eros, and it was Miller's attraction to her that made him decide to stay on Eros... you would think that the blue goo would resurrect her as well as him.

And of course, we are introduced to Burn Gorman as "Murtry". All I can say about that is this, if he was a real rat prick bastard in Game of Thrones, how much more so will he be one in The Expense? I think I prefer his character from the Pacific Rim franchise.

Avasarala, of course, is overly paranoid about another Eros happening. And if you consider that, it puts a distinctive colour on the tone of this season. It becomes one of the major conflicts, especially problematic for Avasarala, who is being pressured to open up traffic to the ring system: But a stupid person in her cabinet that doesn't realize that mankind has already narrowly escaped extinction by the skin of Avasarala's teeth, has walked down a "golden escalator".

Comments