Watchmen: A God walks into Abar

 I am impressed with the way the story has been crafted.

This is like the section in the Watchmen movie where Jon tells his story, all at once. He speaks about certain events as if he is experiencing them right at the moment, from his point of view.

The chicken and the egg, both happened at once.

This story makes me wonder if Time itself is the linear thing that we perceive.

Well. Now I think we know what's waiting for Jon in the Walmart. The only question is what does Laurie Jupiter have to do with it, and didn't Jon love her at one time too, or, he does. Still does? There's no such thing as past tense or future tense here. Like I said, the bricks all fall at once.

The way the story is, it melds into the original limited series so perfectly, it is as if this was an untold part of that same story.

I don't understand why Alan Moore refuses to have his name put on any of this, and he fought long and hard to keep his name off of any media based on his work. And I have not always been a fan of Damon Lindelof's (Prometheus) work (We were so wrong), but he has made up for that here by being the heir apparent to Alan Moore, who used this very style of writing not just for Watchmen but for the original Excaliber comic and the inferno crossover, as well as the Captain Britain series.

I can't imagine where this goes from here, Dr. Manhattan, he knows. He knew. This was the episode that I have waited for this entire time, I even had to watch the ultimate cut of Watchmen a few times just to get an injection of Dr. Manhattan. Thank you for bringing him back into Watchmen.

Comments